Land Rover Defender vs. Wrangler vs 4Runner

 If you've wantedan off-road SUV in America your options have been betweena Toyota and a Jeep for, let's say, all ofrecent history. Take these two for example, theJeep Wrangler and the Toyota 4Runner, arguably the twomost capable offered SUVs you can get for your money. SPEAKER 2: Butwait, there's more. And it's this, the allnew Land Rover Defender. SPEAKER 1: And in 30 secondsour esteemed British cultural expert, Alistair Weaver, willgive us the history of the Land Rover Defender. 30 seconds SPEAKER 3: 30 seconds. SPEAKER 1: Go. SPEAKER 3: Originally sketchedon a Welsh beach back in 1947, is Britain's answer to the Jeep. The Defender was theoriginal Land Rover, even if, technically,the Defender name didn't appear until 1983. By the time productionceased in 2016, over two million had beenbuilt. Like the original Mini, it is a British icon. The British armygoes to war in them. My dad had one. I had one. Her Majesty, the queen-- God bless-- still has one. It is fish and chipsin automotive form. SPEAKER 1: Littleover 30 seconds, but we'll let it slide. SPEAKER 3: Theeloquence is worth it. SPEAKER 2: Well, Thanksfor that history lesson. This has some historytoo, it won World War II. SPEAKER 3: Even ifit turned up late. SPEAKER 2: We're going toevaluate the Land Rover Defender to see how it stacks upagainst these off-road specific SUVs. And, in the end, we shouldbe able to tell you which one is the right fit for you. 

SPEAKER 1: We'llevaluate the new Defender by comparing it on and off roadwith these well-established peers. On the freeway we'll considerdriveability and comfort. Off the freeway wehave a few tests plan to explore theDefender's capabilities and place them in contextwith the Wrangler and 4Runner. Buckle up, it's goingto be a long one. Before we get thesecars too dirty, make sure to like, comment,and subscribe, and check the links below. And also visitEdmunds.com/sellmycar to get a cash offer on your-- Is that the elephantin the room? SPEAKER 3: No Carlos,it's a Bronco.  The new Defender's priced around$50,000 and, like the Wrangler, is available as eithera two or a four-door, called the 90 and110 respectively. This is, obviously,the four-door, and it's one of thefirst cars off the boat. It's heavily specifiedtopping out at over $72,000. Now that's a lot of money,but we played around with the online configurator,and we reckon a two-door with all the off-road kit costsaround $53,000 in the spec that you'd want. That's about 15% more thanthe equivalent Wrangler. To be honest, when Ifirst saw it in pictures I thought it looked a bitsoft and even cartoonish. Certainly when compared to thevery alpha original, but in real life, I think itworks a lot better. And some of that's todo with the proportions. It's about the same length asa Wrangler and the 4Runner, but it's wider and taller, andthat gives it a real presence. The Defender is deliberatelynot a retro pastiche of the original, but some ofthe detailing did make the cut. I love these Safari rearwindows, for example. And I think what they'vedone with the light treatment here at the rearis just terrific. But the most controversialfeature of the new Defender is this square. Mark Takahashiactually studied design and worked in design beforehe does whatever he does now. Mark, What do youthink of the square? 

SPEAKER 2: It's triggeringthat record scratch in my brain right now. It could have extended top andbottom, been a little thinner, otherwise it's making astrong case for piano black, [? which is ?]something I really hate. SPEAKER 3: I kind of like it. Do you know what'sreally irritating me? On this side of the carit kind of lines up. On the other side it sortof doesn't, and it's really playing with my OCD. One feature thiscar does have which I wish it didn't wasthese rims, these alloys. You can get the Defenderwith 18 inch steelies, which just look awesome. Overall I do like thelook of the new Defender. As I said, he's it'sreal presence about it. But can you imagine Jeepreinventing the Wrangler to this extent? Honestly, there'd bea march on Detroit. SPEAKER 2: The Jeep Wrangleris known as an off-road weapon, especially in this Rubicon trimwhich starts around $44,000. We've covered it a ton. We've had one inour long-term fleet, and you can read all aboutit in the links below. In addition to thetough-looking exterior, this Jeep actually hasa lot underneath too. It has a solid frontaxle and a sway bar that can be disconnectedwith the touch of a button. You can get it with a V6, a MildHybrid V6, a turbo diesel V6, but this one has theturbo four cylinder that's good for 270 horsepowerand 295 pound feet of torque. It's all run through an eightspeed automatic transmission. On top of that, it hasthe 33 inch BFGoodrich K02 all-terrain tires that arebigger than the other two. The question is, how doesall this off-road hardware affect on-roadbehavior and comfort? SPEAKER 1: Thoughcapable, the 4Runner has been on salefor a long time. It's old. This generation hasbeen out for, it feels like, over adecade now, but people seem to really like it still. Why? Well, Toyota keepsimproving and updating it. The current 4Runner is availablein a wide range of options and configurations, from thebase level all the way up to the luxury, limited model. You can get it withall wheel drive. You can get it withfour-wheel drive. You can get it with a tricksystem that automatically disconnects the sway bars whenyou start driving it off-road. This is the 4Runner TRD Pro. If you want to know moreabout this particular Model you can see my other video onit that we made previously. But, in brief, it's the mostexpensive and most serious off-road 4Runneryou can buy new. And it also kind of serves asan example to 4Runner owners what they can do with their4Runner in the aftermarket. I like it because it's simple. It's four-wheel drive. It's got upgraded springsand shocks and a little lift kit that's going to giveit more wheel travel, more control, and more durabilitywhen you're going off-road too. Now, the downsideis, again, the age, and that really showsup underneath the hood. You have a four literV6 that not only has the least amount of powerhere, but also the worst fuel economy. And you can attribute thatto the five speed automatic transmission, which isabout as relevant in 2020 as a fax machine, orthe periscope app, or the concept ofbipartisanship, or your right topersonal privacy, or social gathering,or a trebuchet. 

SPEAKER 2: Carlos! SPEAKER 1: It's old. But it's still sturdy anddependable and trustworthy, and, hey, I kind of like it too. You have to drive to a trailin order to drive on a trail, so let's first coverwith each of these do well and not so well on theroad while you're commuting. The 4Runner, beingan ancient car relative to the othervehicles in this comparison, you would expect it to seem andappear a lot worse on the road than it actually is. Let's start with thehighlights, and the first is interior space andcargo space specifically. On paper, interiorspace actually isn't that great relative tothe Jeep and the Defender, but in practice, it doesn'tfeel cramped at all. I've got plenty leg, head,shoulder room around me. The 4Runner's biggeststrength though is the cargo volume, which isthe biggest of this comparison. That makes it moreof a usable vehicle in terms of daily driving. Yes it's dated, but beyondthat, though, the interior remains surprisingly functional. Now even the steering worksfor what this vehicle is. It still rides on atruck-based construction, and it does steer betterthan the Wrangler. Now the downsides. First off, I'll say theTRD Sport exhaust that comes on this TRDPro, I would get rid of that the first thing. It emphasizes probablythe worst elements of the V6 noise atnormal cruising speed. It sounds great when you'reat wide open throttle, but at normal cruising speedit does not sound good. The worst bitthough is definitely the 5-speed automatictransmission. The 5-speed automatic reallymakes itself noticeable when you're acceleratingup an on ramp, when you're trying tomaintain freeway speeds, even in moderate wind. This transmission really has atough time maintaining speeds, freeway speeds especially. It is the thing thatwould hold me back from recommending the 4Runner tosomebody, is that transmission. If this had the powertrainfrom even the Jeep, this would be a muchnicer vehicle to drive. And I really think it's justa transmission away from being a tremendous success. In spite of the 4Runner'sage and some of the flaws that come with that age, thisthing still has a ton of charm that I find it reallyappealing for reasons that I can't quite explain. There is just a certaincharm to the way this drives. It might have to dowith the way it looks-- it looks fantastic in thisarmy green and black motif-- but pretty mucheverybody in our group has found that the 4Runner has acharm in the driving experience that the others lack. I'd go on record and sayI'd probably have one if it weren't for that transmission. SPEAKER 2: 

When it comesto purpose built vehicles, for me, when I'm evaluatingthem, it's a sliding scale. Like a sports car, on one endyou have all out performance, and on the other endyou have comfort. The same goes foroff-road vehicles. On the spectrum foroff-road vehicles, the Wrangler is definitelymore hardcore and more focused on off-road performance, wherecomfort, It's not secondary, but it certainlyisn't the priority. A lot of the things thatmake the Wrangler a great off-roader-- the solid frontaxle and the recirculating ball steering-- well, that doesn't playso well on the road. Right now we're on a highway andit takes a lot more tending to to keep it within its lane. It's a little lazy. It's kind of got a bigdead spot in the middle. But, that's kind of exactlywhat you want when you're doing some serious off-roading. And there's also the noise. We have this kind of hybridtop with a fabric center, and it's doing a decentjob of cutting out a lot of the wind noise. But with theseoff-road tires, you're hearing a lot of tire howl,but not nearly as much as if you went with somereally serious mudder tires. Now, you'd think,right off the bat when you look at thespecs for this car, that the four cylinder enginewould be kind of a pig, but it's not. And the thing aboutserious off-roading is it's not so much howmuch power you have, it's the gearing that you have. This has the goodsright off the bat.  SPEAKER 3: So let'scut to the chase, comparing how this car driveson road versus the old Defender is a bit like comparing afull burger with the finest Waygu beef. Is not just betterthan the old Defender, it's also miles better thanthe Wrangler and the 4Runner. Land Rover has done a greatjob of creating a vehicle that feels more like asophisticated SUV than a traditional off-roader. The ride qualityis comfortable even on these all-terrain tires. The steering has a wonderfulkind of positivity about it. It's easy to place on the road. You don't not getthat kind of wandering that you do in the Wrangler. What I would say though, isthat it's exceptionally heavy. We take every test vehicledown to our private test track, and we spend a fortuneon this every year. We're one of thefew publications left in the world thatactually bothers to do this. But here's why, Land Roverclaims that this vehicle should be around 5,000 pounds. It's actually 5,600in this specification. Now, that's more thanthe current Range Rover and more than our heavilyspecified Ram 1,500 truck. 

Land Rover Defender vs. Wrangler vs 4Runner


That's insane for acar on a new platform. It's also reflectedin the 0 to 60 time. Land Rover claims 5.8 seconds. We did 6.7 seconds, which isstill the fastest vehicle here, but even so, it'salmost a second slower than the manufacturerclaims which has definitely a mark against it. Having said that, it issuper refined in here. Land Rover has done a greatjob with this interior, mixing a sort ofutilitarian sheet with some interestingmaterial choices. I particularly likethis magnesium bar that runs thelength of the fascia and is actually structural. It's a trick that Ford's tryingwith the new Bronco, too. Did I mentionedBronco, by the way? It also really works froma practical perspective. There's oodles ofstorage space in here. And you can also replacethis center console bin here with a little jump seat soyou can sit three and three in both the 110 and the 90. I think that's really cool. There's also a lotmore space overall. It's weird that thewheelbase on this car is pretty much identicalto the Wrangler, but there is a lotmore room inside. The driver's seat has alot more rearward travel-- which is great ifyou're tall like me-- and rear seat occupants justhave a lot more head, shoulder, and knee room. If you're going to buy thiscar as a family vehicle, then that's a huge bonus. There's also some prettyimaginative material choice in here, though we didhave some reservations about its durability. This cup holder, for example, ismarked up pretty badly already. Interestingly, the Defenderalso has a longer wheelbase than the Discovery, and I thinkit's much more roomy inside, and this is going to bea problem for Land Rover. The idea is thatthe big daddy Range Rover is the luxurious choice. The Discovery is the familyversatile alternative. 

And then Defender is the beatit up, go off-road, alpha male. Except that, inmany ways, I think this is much coolerthan the Discovery. I think it looks alot better, and it's got more interior space. Land Rover have got to be reallycareful they don't just end up stealing sales from themselves.  SPEAKER 1: Now thatwe're done whining about on-road refinement, let'sstart our off-road evaluation. We have two deceivinglysimple tests that are designed to bring outthe strengths and weaknesses of each of the SUVs here. To start our off-roadanalysis we're going to startwith a hill climb. Now this hill maynot look like much, but the surface isactually really slippery-- it's mostly sand-- and so each one ofus are going to try to climb this hillusing the fewest amount of electronic controlsand advancement and tools that we have available. Now the 4Runnerdoesn't have much, but I'm going tosee what I can do. I'm going to start outby shifting to low gear. I'm in neutral, shift to 4 Low. I'm in 4 Low. Put it in first gear-- I do like the factthat it's just a lever and you move over-- and I'm going to crawl my wayup and see what can happen, see how far I canget before I need to start leaning on some ofthe controls this 4Runner has. We're just beginningto start the climb.  All good so far.  And I've stoppedmaking progress. All right. So let's try lockingthe rear diff.  A little bit more. Hey, locking therear diff helped.  And, next step. So I'm going to turnon the crawl control. That's only available in 4Low, but that's basically an off-road cruise control withfive different speed settings. Once I turn that on-- I've got it set at thelowest possible speed-- it's kind of likeoff-road cruise control. 

My foot is off the gas pedal,it's hovering the brake, and the crawlcontrol is managing the traction of the fronttires by selectively applying the brakes, basically doing thejob of a front differential-- a locking front differential--if this had one. And it's actually doinga really good job, even though it doesn'tsound that great. Although at this point,with this kind of incline, I would love to have aforward facing camera to see where I'm goingonce I crest this hill, but I don't, so I justhave to, you know, let Jesus take the wheel.  And that did it. In order to climb that hill,though , once I crest the top, I'm going to dial upspeed a little bit. So that made it,but I had to use every single electronic controlthe 4Runner has available. So it's nice thatyou have those tools, but you do have to lean on them. I started out in 4 High-- I started out in 4 Low, Ihad to lock the rear diff, and then I had to engagethe crawl control. It's nice that you have those,and it's nice that it works, I guess is the big takeaway. SPEAKER 2: Carlosmade it up the hill but he needed all the bellsand whistles to get there. I'm going to try and goas minimal as possible. So I'm going in 4 High. Throw it into manual. So I'm keeping thesway bar connected, I'm not lockinganything, and I'm confident I'm goingto make it up. It might take alittle effort but, I don't think I'm going tohave to engage anything else. Well, we'll see. Slow and steady,slow and steady. Baby, Baby hold together.  Aw! Nyet! Going 4 Low. That's going to give meall the warnings, that auto park, forward collision, and allthat other good stuff is off. Sway bar is still connected. Let's try 4 Low. Come on baby, you can do it. Yeah, Yeah. And I'm just barelybreathing into the throttle.  Yeah, this is easy-peasy. Tried to crab a little bit but-- 

Yeah. 4 Low, that's all she wrote,easy-peasy, big blue Jeep-y.  Here we go. Ain't no thing. So, not surprising at all,that the Wrangler made it up with only goinginto 4 Low as opposed to Carlos, which had to useall of his bells and whistles, and crawl control,and everything else. And I had a ton of othertools in my toolbox and I didn't even get to. I didn't have tolock any diffs, I didn't have todisconnect the sway bar. So I had severalmore levels to go. SPEAKER 3: The key bigdifference in this car is so much isactually controlled through the electronicsand through the screen. So, if we go into4x4 information here, we've got variousdifferent setups. And you've even got amode here for wade sensing to tell you how muchwater's underneath-- we'll worry about that later. You've also then gotthese configurable setups, auto terrain response. So you can actually togglethrough mud and ruts, grass, gravel, snow, sand,rock crawl, wade. And then it's actuallyconfigurable within the system to allow you tochoose things like how you want thedifferentials to work, how you want the powertrain,steering, traction control. It's pretty clever stuff. I'm just going toleave it in Auto. So, in theory, now the carshould do everything for me, but I am going to go backinto four-wheel drive. I'm just going to now raisethe suspension to give us some ground clearance. So it should giveyou a notification here that I'm going to off-roadheight, which it's done. I've got additional informationsitting here on my dashboard. We're going to follow what theWrangler did, which is start off in High and away we go. For Queen and Country. Here we go.  Now this weighs alot more, now that could be a double-edged swordin that it might help me with traction but it alsomight help me get bogged down. I'll try and keep itrolling, here we go. Here you go. Come on, baby. Come on, baby. Come on. This is still in 4 Highthis, is pretty impressive. Blimey. We're also on lessaggressive tires than either theWrangler or the 4Runner, and it's just monsteringits way to the top. [CHUCKLES]  Ding-dong. Hello. The other thing that it's got,when I get to the top here, we've got a littlecamera that can show me the terrain over the top. 

So if I get to a top likethis, and it looks a little bit dicey, the reality is I canjust roll down the other side and I can actuallysee what I'm doing. Again, really clever stuff. Well that was easy. I think I won that one. Oh, yes. Rule Britannia. Rule Britannia. SPEAKER 1: That shouldfeel pretty good, Yes? SPEAKER 3: We had a littlechat before we set off and I explained that thiswas for Queen and Country, and it just kind of liftedup its skirt and up it went, 4 High. Didn't even have toengage low ratio. SPEAKER 1: What's the saying,keep calm and carry on? SPEAKER 3: Stiffupper lip, dear chap. SPEAKER 1: It looksmore curved from here. SPEAKER 3: Seriously though,that was really impressive. I didn't have to do-- I just kept a sensiblespace, I didn't really modulate the throttle. I just kind of letthe car do the work. It was really good. SPEAKER 1: Yeah I'm kind ofashamed of our performances . Here I think we need to finda more challenging test.  SPEAKER 2: Sway bars maybe great for on-road use, but when you'reoff-roading you want a little more articulation. So we're going todemonstrate climbing the ziggurat of integritywith the sway bar connected and then later withit disconnected.  Easy, easy.  Look at that. We're already off. All right, backing up. The best part with theJeep is, it's just a button push, a couple seconds, SPEAKER 1: OK, now straight. There you go.  You're doing great.  SPEAKER 2: Oh, God.  Here we go. Automatic door closer,it's an option. The one area where theWrangler is unassailed is approach angle, butthe other two measurements it loses to the Defender. But when it comes toreal hardcore use, well we've got some coolstuff like, first of all, this cool red tow hook here. It's beefy, but it's open. But of course, partof the approach angle is because it has thiscool, optional $1,500 steel bumper that's reallybeefy with some red hooks popping out the top,and it is really strong. It will take my COVIDweight just fine. Yeah. I think I want one now. SPEAKER 1: The 4Runner may nothave fancy disconnecting sway bars-- at least thisTRD Pro doesn't-- but crawl control hasnot let me down yet. Don't fail me now.  That feels kind of precarious.  Did I get to the samestep as the Jeep? Can I actually get out? Don't do this at home kids.  

That's fairly impressiveconsidering no disconnecting sway bars, and thelack of clearances the 4Runner actually has onpaper, in terms of specs, this has the lowestapproach and departure angles of the Wranglerand the Defender. Also it has these massivesidesteps which really limit breakover clearance. We've scraped these anumber of times already.  Also, if you notice, there'sabout three or four inches of nothing between myrear tire and the ground. If you rememberfrom the Wrangler, that rear tire wasstill in the ground, so this has less articulationeven though it was able to get to the same step. SPEAKER 3: So now it's theDefender's turn for the-- what are you calling it again? SPEAKER 1 AND SPEAKER 2:The ziggurat of integrity! SPEAKER 1: TheZiggurat of integrity. I've put it into rock crawl modebecause we're crawling rocks. And now my little partypiece-- wait for this-- here we go. Up we come, sonny. Off-road height selected. Look at that.  Now, in theory atleast, they should be a tough test forthe Defender because, with its independentsuspension, it may not have thearticulation of the Wrangler, but let's find out. So here we go. Gently does it.  SPEAKER 1 ANDSPEAKER 2: [LAUGHTER]  SPEAKER 3: How are welooking, gentlemen? I can see from mylittle gadget inside I'm currently at 18 degrees. I believe this will goto 45, so we're well within the vehicle's capability. I think we can go a bit higher. My, God, this is when youfeel the weight of the doors.  Excuse me, I don't wantto destroy the microphone. I just don't want todrop this on my leg.  

SPEAKER 1: If onlyyou had a sidestep. SPEAKER 3: Carlos, I'm six footfour, I don't need a sidestep. SPEAKER 1: No. No.  SPEAKER 3: So,despite the absence of trick anti-sway barswitch off gadgets, you can still see it'spretty impressive. We've reached the samestep as both a Wrangler and the 4Runner. Interesting in the back, ithas picked up a left wheel-- which the Wrangler didn't--so maybe the articulation isn't quite as good. But if you journeyaround the other side, let's play the cutawayyou can actually see there's lesscompression there than there was in the other vehicles. It's really justoperating a different kind of suspension system. One other thing that'sreally impressed me, Land Rover says thatthis is structurally the most rigid vehiclethey've ever produced. And look, [CHUCKLE]even at this angle, you can still openthe rear door. I can just about shutit again as well. What is much lessimpressive though, is the fact that you haven'tgot readily accessible recovery hoops as you have onthe other two vehicles. So then you're goingto have to improvise with towing hooks or suspensionparts, which really isn't cool. Maybe it doesn'tthink its customers will push it that hard. Either way, be a nice to have. Come on Baron, Baron VonBronco.  SPEAKER 1: After performingour tests we then just played around a bit.  Let's give an overall opinionof each of these SUVs. Let's talk about the 4Runner'soverall off-road performance as I travel through thisframe twister course. 

Ultimately this thing was ableto do everything we subjected to all three vehicles. It was able to do all the tasks. Now, you couldargue that we didn't do the most extreme off-roadtesting in the world. Unfortunately, there isan infinite number of ways we could have madethis more challenging, but for the off-roadtasks that we did find, the obstacles thatwe did find, this performed prettyadmirably considering the deficits it has. This doesn't have the mostclearance of the group. It doesn't have the most power. It's got the mostarchaic transmission, and yet it could do everythingwe basically asked from it. I had to lean on allthe electronic controls to get there, but fortunatelythose controls are available. And if you want to domore with your 4Runner, well, hey, guess what? There's the aftermarket. You can put on bigger wheelsand tires, and beefier shocks, and all that stuff is possible. That's frankly theway you should go. Overall the 4Runnershows its age off-road, but is still able to do all thestuff we would hope it could. SPEAKER 2: As asurprise to no one, the Wrangler does exceptionallywell off-road, duh. What was the surprise, though,was how well the Defender did. But there's somethingabout this Wrangler that really kind ofgot a hold of me, and that's this analogversion of the other two. I have these big chunky leversand buttons and stuff to mess with that is all manual. 

You don't reallyrely on any computers to help you out versusthe others which feel almost like a video game. A lot of it's done for youespecially with the crawl mode on the 4Runner thatCarlos is relying on so much. With this I really barelyjust got into its potential.  SPEAKER 3: I thinkit's obvious by now that we are hugelyimpressed by the Defender's off-road ability. There was always going tothis question of this car, is it a real Defender? And what people meanby that is, does it have the off-road chops? And I think the answeris a resounding yes. And it also makeseverything very easy. Even if you're a novice,it's very smooth. All the electronicsand sophistication mean you can tackle hugeobstacles even if you're not massively experienced off-road. What counts against it? Well, all those electronics,all that technology. If this does break downin the boonies then you're not going to fix itwith a spanner and a belt strap like you might havedone the original. The other thing isyou're not going to have the big aftermarketsupport that you have with a Wranglerand the 4Runner. So if you are a hobbyist wholikes to modify your vehicle, then it's not so easy. I really hope that marketdevelops because this vehicle deserves it. Believe me, this isa proper off-roader. It's really good.  SPEAKER 1: Thiscomparison has come to an end which is unfortunatebecause we've had a lot of fun with these three cars. What have we learned? Well, let's startwith the 4Runner. This is a trusty, dependablerig that you really don't have to think about toomuch when you're driving it, which is nice. It may not be able to reachthe same off-road extremes as these other two, but itcan get most of the way there. Plus, it's pretty niceto drive on the road, especially thanks to theadditional cargo space it has that helps withthe day to day SUV stuff, just never mind that fivespeed automatic transmission. Overall, this is a muchmore palatable vehicle as the $40,000 TRDoff-road instead of this $52,000 TRD Pro. SPEAKER 3: There'sno question that has like an oldschool charm about it. For me it just feels likeit's a gearbox and an engine short of actually still beingreally desirable despite being 10 years old. SPEAKER 1: And alsocool looking car here. My vote. SPEAKER 3: Especiallyin the green. SPEAKER 2: Meanwhile, we havethe seasoned veteran here that can go anywhere,do anything, and Yeah, there'ssome payback for that. It's-- SPEAKER 3: Ride quality. SPEAKER 1: Steering. Noise in the cabin,cabin space-- SPEAKER 3: Especially inthe rear and the front SPEAKER 1: Yes. SPEAKER 2: But ifyou're not fragile, it's a really good choice. I mean it startingto sway me over. I might actually startthinking about one of these. SPEAKER 3: Greatfor the hobbyist. SPEAKER 2: Unlimited choicesfor aftermarket customization, whatever you want. SPEAKER 3: That's true,but I think we've all been genuinely surprised-- I think that's fair-- by justhow good the new Defender is. SPEAKER 1: Shocked. 

SPEAKER 3: On-road, by farand away the best car here. Off-Road, supersmooth, super capable, made everythingfeel really easy. It just took it in strideeverything that we threw at it. SPEAKER 2: Wentanywhere the Jeep did. SPEAKER 3: And it has a biggerinterior space as well than the Jeep. It's a betterfamily-- in fact it crosses that bridge between4x4 and SUV really well. On the downside, it isheavily reliant on electronics if you're heading offinto the wilderness. And, of course, itis more expensive. If you want one with allthe off-road hardware you're going to be payingaround $55,000 at least. It's about 15% more thanthe equivalent Wrangler. But we think, even that price,it's still pretty good value for what it does. But, of course, this is theeliminator for the main event. This whole 4x4 thing isnot a three horse race.  SPEAKER 1: Poor Bronco. SPEAKER 3: Poor Bronco. SPEAKER 1: And onthat bombshell we'll stop ripping off Top Gear.  SPEAKER 3: Think it'sworth one more go? SPEAKER 1: OK. He's not going toland on his toes. SPEAKER 3: Maybe it's like aknife, where you can throw it straight from its nose. Shall we say onehorse in the room? SPEAKER 1: This is nota three horse race. SPEAKER 3: No, that's good. I like that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on Chevy Tahoe

How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding

Audi E-Tron 1st Generation Price In Pakistan Features Specs